Well, folks, we’re officially into May! I’m excited to share some frugal news and happenings with you all. For more, stop on by Brandy’s blog, The Prudent Homemaker, and check out her post and the many comments there. I bet you’ll find lots of inspiration and encouragement while you’re there! Continue reading
Hip hip hooray, it’s almost May! It didn’t feel like it during the month, but I just realized that April has flown by. Wow! I’m going to go ahead and get my wee list up for this last week of the month, as I’m not sure what day a post will be up at The Prudent Homemaker. Congratulations to Brandy, who had a son just a few days ago – and to your whole family! Such exciting news! Continue reading
It’s that time of the week again – frugal accomplishments time. YAY! Be sure to check out the amazing find Brandy posted on this week’s post at The Prudent Homemaker. So neat!
I’m excited to say I got some decent cashback on Ibotta this week, both for myself and for my daughter to add to her account. (I shopped at two stores today and each of us used one receipt.) We also found some snackie things on clearance at the base store that made everyone happy. Of course we also did a lot of our usual things to keep costs down, which always helps. So here goes my list: Continue reading
Hello out there! Things got a bit busy for me and it completely slipped my mind to come do my Frugal Accomplishments post for April 1st. Nope, it wasn’t an April Fool’s joke either – just me wandering off to do other things and realizing I missed posting! So you’ll get a double tap today; I have a bit of a list for each Sunday that I’ll share with you in one fell swoop today. If you’d like to see what Brandy and the other frugalistas are up to, do go visit The Prudent Homemaker and read everyone’s comments.
Now for me and my house – Continue reading
It’s time for the weekly Frugal Accomplishments post! Woohoo! Mine is pretty short this week, but there are lots of neat doings over at Brandy’s post for the week. As always, she’s got lovely photos posted as well. Ready? Alrighty, here we go:
- Borrowed ebooks on Kindle Unlimited and OverDrive
- Used cloth handkerchiefs and personal wipes
- Used wool dryer balls in loads run through electric dryer
- Received statement of utility rebate – we were under the average and earned $24.51, but the trigger for a deposit is $25. AAAAAHHHHH! 😉 We’ll definitely get it next cycle, at least!
- Used library internet for the kids’ schoolwork while I worked on a proofreading project for a new client
- Borrowed – and returned by due dates – library books and DVDs
- Attended a free HAM radio class; one of the instructors had multiple copies of a book we need for a different class, and she very kindly gifted it to us rather than me ordering it when we left
- Received the reimbursement check for my daughter’s orthodontia treatment; put half in savings to help her pay for CNA schooling next year and set half aside to pay for some things our family put off while paying for the treatments originally
- Received a free Advance Review Copy of a friend’s new book (more on that after I write up the review!)
- Daughter babysat one night and interviewed with another family for babysitting jobs
- Edit to add: Daughter had two weeks of spring break (one regular week and one week of GED orientation for the new students, which she attended last quarter as a newbie and didn’t need to go to this time) – saved gas by not providing transportation for her for eight days of classes
How did your week go? Any exciting frugal finds?