It’s time for the weekly Frugal Accomplishments post! Woohoo! Mine is pretty short this week, but there are lots of neat doings over at Brandy’s post for the week. As always, she’s got lovely photos posted as well. Ready? Alrighty, here we go:
- Borrowed ebooks on Kindle Unlimited and OverDrive
- Used cloth handkerchiefs and personal wipes
- Used wool dryer balls in loads run through electric dryer
- Received statement of utility rebate – we were under the average and earned $24.51, but the trigger for a deposit is $25. AAAAAHHHHH! 😉 We’ll definitely get it next cycle, at least!
- Used library internet for the kids’ schoolwork while I worked on a proofreading project for a new client
- Borrowed – and returned by due dates – library books and DVDs
- Attended a free HAM radio class; one of the instructors had multiple copies of a book we need for a different class, and she very kindly gifted it to us rather than me ordering it when we left
- Received the reimbursement check for my daughter’s orthodontia treatment; put half in savings to help her pay for CNA schooling next year and set half aside to pay for some things our family put off while paying for the treatments originally
- Received a free Advance Review Copy of a friend’s new book (more on that after I write up the review!)
- Daughter babysat one night and interviewed with another family for babysitting jobs
- Edit to add: Daughter had two weeks of spring break (one regular week and one week of GED orientation for the new students, which she attended last quarter as a newbie and didn’t need to go to this time) – saved gas by not providing transportation for her for eight days of classes
How did your week go? Any exciting frugal finds?